Marketing United is an extension of the Campaign Monitor family of brands’ marketing efforts. Through the Marketing United website (the “Website”), we present forward-thinking content and events that we believe supports all marketers and highlights the thought leadership of Campaign Monitor.
When you visit or interact with the Website or register for events on the Website (“Events”) we process information (both directly and/or indirectly) relating to you (“Personal Information”). Campaign Monitor Pty Ltd. and its Affiliates ("Campaign Monitor", "we" or "us") respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use and share Personal Information. Note that "Affiliate", as used in this Privacy Notice, means a company that is directly or indirectly controlled by, or is under common control of Campaign Monitor. In particular, this includes companies under the Campaign Monitor brand, including Delivra, Inc. and Emma, Inc. For more information on how our Affiliated brands process your personal data, please see each brand’s privacy notice:
If you are resident in the EEA, Campaign Monitor remains the data controller of your personal data. Please review the section headed "Your Data Protection Rights" for further information about the privacy rights available to you.
We recommend that you read this entire Privacy Notice to ensure you are fully informed. However, to make it easier for you to review those parts of this Privacy Notice which apply to you, we have divided up the document into the following sections:
Campaign Monitor is a company with global operations headquartered in New South Wales, Australia. Through our family of brands, we provide email marketing web-based software, applications, tools, and related services that allow our customers to build and send out marketing emails to their email subscribers. You can find out more about the Campaign Monitor family here.
Marketing United Website Visitors & registrants
Information We Process
- Information You Provide To Us. Forms on our Website may ask you to voluntarily provide Personal Information (such as your name, contact details and company name); for example, when registering for an event, expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about Marketing United events, subscribing to marketing, or otherwise contacting us. We may also collect Personal Information, such as your contact and professional background details and feedback, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of any such communications for our records.
Why We Process Your Information. We process your personal information for the purposes identified below:
- To Provide You With Information You Have Requested. To respond to your requests or provide you with information requested by you pertaining to the Website or events presented by us.
- To Market To You. To contact you with marketing and promotional information (in accordance with your marketing preferences) about products and services that we or our Affiliates offer, to provide advertising to you on third party sites (based on your browsing activities on the Website), and to send you information regarding us, our Affiliates, and/or our partners (see the section headed "Your Data Protection Rights" for information about how you can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time).
- For Business Analytics. To infer your geographic location based on your IP address; to track behavior at the aggregate/anonymous level to identify and understand trends in usage and the various interactions with our Website and marketing content; determining the effectiveness of our marketing; and to conduct internal business analysis based on meta-data about usage, feature adoption and forecasting to improve our Website.
- For Website Optimization. To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical purposes; to improve user experience while interacting with the website; to understand how our Website is used and to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; and as a part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- For Legal Records. To comply with and enforce any applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies.
How We Share Your Information. In the following limited situations, we may disclose information that we collect or that you provide to us:
- to our contractors, service providers and other third parties who provide data processing services to us and with whom the sharing of your Personal Information is necessary to undertake the work e.g. to process billing, analyze data, host data, provide customer support, and to deliver online and offline marketing communications about us and/or our Affiliates that we think will interest you.
- as required by law, such as to comply with any court order, subpoena or other law or legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a governmental or regulatory request.
- to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for billing and collection.
- to our Affiliates for customer support, marketing, technical operations, and account management purposes.
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, sale or transfer of some or all of Campaign Monitor's assets.
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information (EEA Residents Only).
- If you are a website visitor or other prospective customer who is a resident in the EEA, then our legal basis for collecting and using Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, where we are processing your Personal Information for our own purposes we normally rely on our legitimate interests to collect Personal Information from you, except where such interests are overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Information, they include the interests described in the sections above headed "Why We Process Your Information".
- In some cases, we may rely on your consent or have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you or may otherwise need the Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we rely on consent to collect and/or process your Personal Information, we will obtain such consent in compliance with applicable laws.
- If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- We retain Personal Information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with information you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your Data Protection Rights (EEA Residents Only).
Please note that any requests to exercise your rights as a data subject will be handled by Campaign Monitor. As mentioned previously, Marketing United exists as an extension of Campaign Monitor itself and is not the controller of your data. To learn more about Campaign Monitor’s privacy measures, please view its privacy notice here.
If you are resident in the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- You can access, review, change, update or delete your Personal Information at any time by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Data Subject Request”.
- To remove your Personal Information from a Website testimonial or request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, please submit a request to email@example.com with the subject “Data Subject Request”. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. To exercise these rights, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Data Subject Request”.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing communication we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please submit a request to email@example.com with the subject “Data Subject Request”. For data privacy concerns, use the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- If we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), are available here.
Please note that because most of the information we store can only identify a particular browser or device, and cannot identify you individually, you will need to provide us with some additional information to enable us to identify the Personal Information we hold about you and ensure that accurately fulfil your request. You may also be required to provide ID.
Unaffiliated Third Parties.
This Privacy Notice only applies to the Marketing United Website and events. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties that are not our Affiliates (collectively “Unaffiliated Third Parties”) including presenters or sponsors of Marketing United (for example, via links to third-party websites and applications in public areas of the Website). Any processing or disclosures by Unaffiliated Third Parties is not governed by this Privacy Notice, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those Unaffiliated Third Parties. We suggest contacting those Unaffiliated Third Parties directly for information on their information processing practices.
How Do We Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
- We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect any Personal Information we process against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. More details of our security measures are available for review here.
- Unfortunately, nobody is truly and completely safe from hackers. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee security, no Internet transmission can ever be guaranteed 100% secure, and so we encourage you to take care when disclosing Personal Information online and to use readily available tools, such as Internet firewalls, secure e-mail and similar technologies to protect yourself online.
International Data Transfers.
- The Website is provided, supported, and hosted in the United States. If you are using the Website from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information, in the United States and other countries. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
- However, we have taken appropriate measures to require that your Personal Information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice and have implemented appropriate safeguards to require that your Personal Information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law. We have implemented similar safeguards with our third party service providers and partners. Further details can be provided upon request.
Changes To This Privacy Notice.
We may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. The most current version of this Privacy Notice will govern our use of your Personal Information. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws. You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about our Privacy Notice. We hope it was clear and reassuring.
If you’re a resident in the EEA and you want to exercise your rights as a “data subject” please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Data Subject Request”.
For general data privacy questions related to Marketing United, please email email@example.com.
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email DPO@campaignmonitor.com.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Campaign Monitor Address:
123 Mission Street, 26th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Important Note: If you are resident in the EEA, the "data controller" of the Personal Information described in this Privacy Notice is Campaign Monitor.